In this video, Your Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent discusses the 5 Certainties in Buying a Home.
1. Every home sale is different—what this means is that your individual differences will reflect in your home sale the same way the differences in the situation differed for your friends and family. Your income, employment, housing market, needs, wants, etc. are going to be vastly different than your friend who bought their home last week, or your parents who bought a home back in the 1970’s.
2. Anything regarding home sales that you learned is that past may not be true– Loan rates, taxes, and house market values change on a day to day basis, there is very little likelihood they will be the same as the last time you looked at the market, and even the last time your friends and family purchased or sold.
3. There is no perfect time—You will always regret some aspect of the purchase. There is no way to predict the right time to buy or sell. You’ll have to come to terms with making the best decision with the information I have available. It’s not a perfect decision.
4. If you are relocating, Northern Virginia is NOTHING like any other market—We have homes that are valued in the $200Ks, and then the same style of home in a different neighborhood that is valued in the $1M plus range. It depends very much on the individual home.
5. You have No Idea what the other side is thinking—it doesn’t matter how much research and detective work you try to do, piecing together the seller’s lives won’t help you know their motivation or bottom line. No amount of clue hunting will help you “get a better deal”. Your best line of defense in a sales situation is an expert negotiator.
Abraham Walker of Ask A Walker is the expert negotiator you need behind you to make the best of these 5 certainties. Knowledge takes you a long way in this process.
Contact Abraham for a buyer consult at [email protected](dot)com.
About the Author: The above article was written by Abraham Walker, Your Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent, helping clients market their homes to achieve high sales with a quick closing time is my main priority.
He’s the co-founder of Ask A Walker and can be found on YouTube, Facebook, and HERE on this blog.
Abraham can be reached via email at [email protected] or by phone at (703)539-2053.
He’s happy to answer all your real estate questions.
Thinking of selling your home? Check out 20+ step process to selling your home. Or contact me now to start the home selling process. Same day appointments are available on a case by case basis.
I help people sell and buy real estate in the following Northern Virginia area cities & neighborhoods: Kingstowne, Island Creek, Cameron Station, Overlook, Alexandria, Old Town, Belle Haven, Fort Hunt, Mount Vernon, Springfield, West Springfield, Burke, Lorton, Woodbridge, Lake Ridge, Manassas, Annandale, Fairfax, Arlington, McLean, Reston, Herndon and of course Vienna.